Last updated June 19, 2022.
Please read the privacy policies in detail before you start using the features and information in the site.
- We respect the privacy of our visitors. We store very minimal information about our visitors and do not sell or share the information with any other organization or for any marketing process without your consent.
- We use industry accepted measures for securing personal information to avoid loss, misuse or alteration.
- We collect information which includes IP address, browser type, ISP, time and date stamp, number of clicks, entering page and exiting page, user movement, demographic details and related information that have no link with personal identification.
- Google uses specific cookies to serve advertisement in our site. These cookies will help to provide ads based on the user data. You can opt out of this cookie by visiting Google Ad.
- Our advertisement partners may use separate cookies and beacons for their ads in our site. We do not have control over the cookies used by the third party advertisers in our site. If you wish to learn more about those cookies, visit these third party servers to learn more about their practices and privacy policies. Our privacy policies do not apply for them. Any claims or conflict in relation with the privacy policies of the third parties should be handled between the user and the third party separately.
- If you want to disable the cookies, you can do it through your browser settings. More details about cookie management and related topics can be found in your browser settings.
- You can delete web beacons by disabling the cookies, as per the instructions in your browser settings.
- Our site also has plugins from other sites like Facebook and others (including sites other than social media). The functionalities of these plugins are governed by those third party privacy policies and practices which you should learn by visiting their site. You can review those policies before accepting the use of such plugins and other features.
- We may share information that was collected from you to comply with government authorities for any legal proceedings or to conduct any related investigations.
- You can enable ‘do not track’ option in preference tab in your web browser. This will control the tracking of your online activities.
- If you have any queries about the privacy policies or related details, you can email us through our contact page.
- Our website is not intended for use by children less than age of 18. By using our site, you are explicitly approving that your age is more than 18.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Contact forms may be used to collect information including your name, email address, telephone, answers to questions in the contact form, and other relevant information. We may utilize this information to contact you for support or advertising purposes or to deliver digital content to you. We do not sell, rent or lease information collected in contact forms.
We only collect personally identifiable contact form information through a secure opt-in process. Data from our Contact Us page form is stored on our servers. If you wish to delete your data from our servers, please submit a request through that page.
Contact form data from all other forms is stored in a third party email service provider’s database. If you have opted-in through one of the third-party email provider’s forms, you will have the ability to opt-out of that email database using the service provider’s opt-out links. If you wish to update or delete your data from the service provider’s database, you can visit the service provider’s website and follow their procedures.
Cookies and Pixels
We use “cookies” and “pixels” on this site. These are pieces of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site, identify repeat visitors to our site, and potentially display ads relevant to your web history. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you may not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies and pixels can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Pixels may enable us to run ads tailored to your interest on ad networks and social media sites.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, PDFs, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Our site includes Google Analytics and/or other analytics tools that track user visits, time on site, and other metrics. The analytics scripts capture the search terms you used (if any), website you visited from (if any), your IP address, location, device and other non-personal identifying factors. We utilize these analytics to optimize our site for search and visitor engagement.
Our website contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of websites to which our website links. We advise you to read the privacy statements of any sites we link to which may collect personally identifiable information.
Surveys & Contests
We may occasionally request information via surveys or contests on our website. Participation in these surveys or contests is voluntary. It is solely up to you whether to participate or not. Surveys and contests may require contact information, demographic information, or other information as a condition of your participation.
Our website gathers data automatically and stores it in log files. This includes IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring pages, exit pages, operating system, date & time stamps, and click action data. We use this information to track user activity on the site, optimize site behavior, detect abnormalities, administer the site, and operate the site technically. We do not link this data to any personally-identifiable data collected on our site.
Whom we share your data with
Visitor comments may be shared and checked through an automated spam detection service.
User visit data is captured and shared with Google Analytics (Google) and potentially other analytics platforms.
Your cookie and pixel data may be shared with website optimization services, online advertising networks, and social media sites.
Your contact form data may be shared and stored on our web servers or in a third-party email service provider.
Your payment data may be shared and stored with a third-party payment processor.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
If you opt-in through a contact form, your contact data may be retained in a third party email service provider’s database subject to that provider’s data retention policy. You have the ability to opt-out of that email database using the service provider’s opt-out links. If you wish to update or delete your data from the service provider’s database, please visit the service provider’s website and follow their procedures.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. To submit a request, please do so using our Contact Us form.
TheHorseBet.com is located in the United States and the content on our site is tailored to site visitors located in the United States. Under United States law our site does not fall under the legal jurisdiction of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). While we seek to treat our user’s data with appropriate data protections under United States law, we are not required to comply, nor do we seek to comply with GDPR. As such, individuals or organizations using this website should not assume that their rights under GDPR will be recognized or enforced.